Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah!
This is for my dear old FBS cheerleading friends Alyssa, Tami, and Janelle! We really try to get our family and kids involved in our community so we were trying to find something that really fit our daughter Trae's niche. Trae is ALL girl! We tried soccer in the fall (for Dad's sake) and Trae didn't quite turn out to the Mia Hamm Dad was hoping for, considering he spent the first five plus practices and games with her crying on the sidelines. So, Mom found an ad in the local newspaper for cheerleading for ages 4-8; Dad rolled his eyes, but Mom presented the opportunity to Trae. Immediately, we had a taker. So . . . I have been to a few weeks of cheer classes learning new chants and even a pom routine. Then Trae and I come home and practice our "homework" through the week. What a riot!! It reminds Mom of the good old FBS cheerleading days, practices, and tournaments. What fun we had! I'll try to get some pictures of the new little cheerleader posted. Most importantly though, Trae has made a new little friend. We are hoping that the Lord will use this to open up some doors for us in our community, one little friend at a time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
that is cute beth... but i really don't admit to people that i was a chearleader. (that was something i had to break to my husband after we were married.)
:)
This one I will keep from Jon! It would change his whole image of Sally!
Beth, I stumbled on your blog today! Very cute - welcome to the world of blog!
Were you at NBBC the year they did the promotional video and we dressed up at cheerleaders? Nope, that was indeed after your time. Victoria Spearman, Sarah Jordan, Nicole (Carbo) Tolosa, myself and someone else dug out the old NBBC cheerleader uniforms and cheered for the fake basketball game - it was so funny. There were people seriously ticked - "we don't have cheerleaders!" But we didn't play against ourselves in basketball either. And the guy and girl who appeared to be dating weren't really a couple either. Nor did the teachers/staff talk to the students as much as they portrayed it! Good times!
That is great Beth! I am sure that Brad really loves that.
Hope you guys are well!
Beth,
Thanks for the return post on my blog! And regarding the swing - please don't ship it! I'm not in need of it right now, and it wouldn't be worth the cost of shipping. I would rather it get passed on to someone else who needs it (whether someone you know or second hand store). I'm glad you could use it - and I didn't have to mess with it when we moved.
crack me up! That is great:). I will have to share that with my dad...he will get a kick out of that too.
Yes, do post some pictures when you get a chance!
MODAFFS!! This is Bethany (Bergstrom) Rinn. I couldn't believe it when I found your blog (via Jana's, via the High's)...it was so fun to see the pictures of all your beautiful kids! I recognized Taylor immediately, but I have never met the others. They look so, so precious. I can't wait to see more pictures! :) My husband, David, and I live in Ft. Worth, TX now and absolutely love it!! It was so great to see your blog...take care! Love, Beth
Hi, Beth! Meg Tuttle visited our church yesterday and we were talking about you! She commented about what a good job you are doing balancing homeschooling and work and everything else you guys are involved in. It was so good to hear you guys are doing so well!
Sounds like fun. . .Matt and I said last year we would love to get Sara into a community soccer league--any ideas on how to find out about the leagues?
Post a Comment